The Ostracon is published annually by members of the Egyptian Study Society. The ESS is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to study Ancient Egypt. It is an associate group of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. Articles are contributed by members and scholars on a voluntary basis. Member participation is encouraged. Nothing may be reprinted in whole or part without written permission of the author. The opinions expressed in The Ostracon do not necessarily represent the views of The Ostracon staff, the Egyptian Study Society, or the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.
- "First Egyptians" Curator Dr. Michael Hoffman Dies: A Retrospective of His Work p. 1 - 3 by Barbara Fenton
- John Romer's Struggle to Save the Monuments of Ancient Egypt p. 4 - 5 Interview with the editors
- Journey to the Past p. 6 - 7 by Dr. Robert W. Krenzer
- The Beautiful Nefertiti: Will She Grace the Island Museum Again? p. 8 Translated by Dr. J Donald Hughes
- House of Scrolls Book Review p. 9 The Dawn of Conscience by James Henry Breasted Reviewed by Gary Knapp
- The Stone Column p. 10 by Barbara Stone